Sunday, January 17, 2010

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Okay.

So over the past few months, I have helped my family members (i.e. Mother, Aunt, Grandmother, Uncle, etc) make Facebook accounts. I figured this would not be a problem because, you know, I do not put anything on my Facebook that I would not want my family to see. I am classy like that.

FAULTY ASSUMPTIONS 101:

Over the past month, my ENTIRE FAMILY has become addicted to Farmville, Fishville, and numerous other Facebook games that I used to play and quit because I got bored with them. My Aunt has made a FB account for her husband so she can play Farmville x2, and I also made the mistake of telling her that I had two alternate accounts. She plays on those, and sometimes on my main account.

My mom did the same thing for Gary, except she made an account so Kira would stay out of her stuff.

I have more home-bound friends on those accounts than I do on my account for myself.

And then, AND THEN, I get calls and emails, and FB messages and I think they even figure out how to telekinetic powers to contact me to ask about different FB things.

I am a fool who flew too close to the sun with wax-bound wings. Woe is me!


Haha, actually, I do not mind it that much because on the flip side I get to talk to my family a whole bunch more while I am off at college, which is A-OK by me because I kinda miss them.

ALSO! I gave my mother my old laptop, so now she has a mic and webcam and a working computer, so I can talk to them on Skype, which is really fun because I actually get to see my sister. Sure I cannot actually hug her, but it is better than not being able to see her at all.

Alright, so this was just a little random update to warn people against the perils of having your entire family on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment