Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wherein my sister reduces my Christmahannukah-esque holiday into smoldering ruins

Okay. I haven't updated my blog since Christmas, but that's a considerably smaller time window than normal. That gives me bonus points right?

Ahaha. Right. Moving on.

So basically what happened was that we had like, a Hanukkah type Christmas for no apparent reason other than people just didn't want to meet on Christmas day. Which is, you know, just plain disrespectful.

So Christmas day number one was the actual day of Christmas. I posted that day, so we all know how that goes.

Christmas day number two was the 26th when my mom finally decided to show up with my little sister. Basically my Mom called and was like "We want Kira to have Christmas day at home for once in her life. She never has before."

To which I replied "Wow, thanks Mom. The one time she has I was there."

I'm pretty sure that means that my mom just automatically forgets about situations with me in them because she has Kira now and can focus on her.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Jk. I hope my mom doesn't read this because if she does she's going to call and be like "AMBER ROSE! I AM SICK OF YOUR BULLSHIT!" and then I will laugh and banter with her. She will be unappreciative. Kind of like my sister when she opened her presents.

Which brings me to Christmas #2:

Kira had OVER 9000 presents under the tree when she got here. I was excited because the best presents she got were from me. Mostly because I was the one who got her what she has been asking for all year.Okay. I'm getting ahead of myself. So she opens her presents and is really excited about the Bumblebee Transformer helmet I got her, and she's excited about the Jr. Microscope kit I got her because, for some reason I can't explain, she wants to be just like me when she grows up, and therefore has to be able to do science.

What she doesn't know is that the best Christmas present ever for her is waiting under the tree. Well, technically it was for her and my mom, because well, Kira is six years old. This will all make sense in a second.

So she finishes opening her OVER 9000 presents, and is all "I am le sad because there are no more presents."

On a side not, GOD I hope she doesn't turn out like this kid ever.

Okay, so then I'm all "VOILA! KIRA! This is a present for you from me."

And she tears the paper open, all excited. She gets to the brown box beneath the paper, and eagerly opens that to find a new laptop for their house, and promptly goes...

"Oh. A new laptop." Shoves it at my mom, and goes to play with some cheap ass toy cars my aunt got her.


WHAT THE HELL!?!?!?!?!?!

I GOT HER A LAPTOP AND SHE'S JUST GOING TO DIS IT FOR SOME FREAKING MATCHBOX KNOCK OFF CARS?!

I am displeased.

Children are fickle.

I think maybe this was a lesson from Jesus that Christmas is about Him and not giving gifts. But still..... KNOCK OFF MATCHBOX CARS? C'mon! IT could have at least been something cool, like the Transformer helmet.

Excuse me while I go and cry in the darkness. QQ

No comments:

Post a Comment